Hello, my name is Anand Joshi and I am a market analyst with focus on artificial intelligence and computer vision. I am technology industry veteran with more than 20 years of experience, including specialization in the semiconductor, embedded devices, software and hardware infrastructure market. During the course of his career, I have successfully built startup businesses as well as business units within larger companies.
My area of expertise include marketing, product management and business development. Having spent most of career as industry insider, I have intimate knowledge of the requirements of clients who are reading the report and able to relate to the situation. Unlike other analysts, I am also a ‘hands-on’ person and that has helped me in ramping up with mathematics of AI. I love to get dirty with mathematics when talking with people and am passionate about the AI market.
I wrote first report on Computer Vision back in 2014 when no one was talking about it. At that time I described Computer Vision as a ‘Rookie Quarterback with high expectations’ and it has been a fun ride to watch the industry unfold and many of my predictions come true.
Since then, I have published many market research reports and frequently advise and consult Fortune 500 as well as start-up companies. You can take a look at the advisory service page to see what kind of projects I am involved in.
Some of the popular reports I’ve published include:
- Deep learning chipsets – GPU, FPGA, ASICs and CPUs
- AI Hardware – compute, network and storage
- Computer Vision – hardware and software
- 3D Technologies
- Video Analytics
You can find more details on those under ‘Reports’ page.
I often speak in conference and write articles. Some of the recent conferences and publicly available articles I’ve written include
- Chair Technology Track AI Summit San Fransicso 2018
- Interviewed by Computer Vision Magazine
- IIT Hyderabad Invited Speech – Accelerating AI algorithms in hardware
- White Paper – Pure Storage – Importance of AI for Storage Applications
- HardwareCon Presentation – Opportunities for Entrepreneurs in Computer Vision
- Interview by IEEE Spectrum Magazine – State of the 3D Sensing Technology
- Nasa Tech Brief – Computer Vision Technology
- Bloomberg Review of Movidius Technology
I also run a meetup group called ‘Bay Area Computer Vision and Deep Learning‘. We host events every 4-6 weeks in the bay area and feature topics around new developments in the area. Some of the recent events include:
- From Computer Vision to Robotic Vision (August 18)
- Object Detection via CNN (June 18)
- Autonomous Cars and Localization (May 18)
and so on. This meetup a community driven, grassroots movement and we are always looking for speakers and topics that could be of interest. The intent is to bring similar minded folks together in industry and become your participation.
Feel free email me at anand at joshipartner dot com for more information on reports or consulting services.